Home lifestyle Koons unveils giant ‘Bouquet of Tulips’ tribute to victims of 2015 Paris attacks

banneraliexp

Koons unveils giant ‘Bouquet of Tulips’ tribute to victims of 2015 Paris attacks

by ace
Koons unveils giant 'Bouquet of Tulips' tribute to victims of 2015 Paris attacks

PARIS (Reuters) – American artist Jeff Koons presented on Friday in Paris his sculpture Bouquet of Tulips, a tribute to the victims of militant Islamic attacks in the French capital in November 2015.

The 12-meter-high piece shows a giant hand squeezing a bouquet of eleven colored tulips, a flower that in some cultures symbolizes love.

Koons said he created the Bouquet of Tulips to show Americans' support and solidarity with the French people following the attacks in which a total of 130 people were killed.

“As a New York citizen, I experienced 9/11 and the depression that hung over the city. It really took years for the city to come back to life again, ”Koons told reporters.

Koons said 80 percent of the proceeds from the sale of the copyright of the artwork will go to the victims' families. The remaining 20% ​​will be dedicated to its maintenance.

"The memory, celebrations, art, everything we do that resembles the memory of our loved ones is vital," said Dominique Kielemoes, a member of the 13onze15 victims' association who lost her son in the attacks.

The opening of the artwork takes place after years of dispute. The original site near the Tokyo Palace, the Tokyo Palace, was abandoned after authorities decided to interrupt views of the Eiffel Tower, French media reported.

The chosen venue is finally near Petit Palais, an art museum in central Paris.

Written by Matthieu Protard Edition by Toby Chopra

Our standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles. . (tagsToTranslate) USA (t) FRANCE (t) ART (t) KOONS (t) General news (t) Art (t) Western Europe (t) Europe (t) Life / Lifestyle (t) Arts / Culture / Entertainment (t) France (t) International / national security (t) Civil unrest

bannerebay

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

twenty − ten =

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More