The number of victims of a suicide bomb attack in a southern Afghan hospital on Thursday increased to 39 dead and more than 140 injured, Afghan officials said.
The latest balance of the attack, already claimed by the Taliban, pointed to 20 dead and 90 wounded.
"The balance of the attack on the Qalat hospital is 39 dead and 140 wounded," provincial governor Gul Islam Seyal, a spokesman for the French news agency, told AFP.
The attack took place at about 6 am on Thursday when a man detonated explosives in a truck near a hospital in the town of Qalat, the capital of Zabul province in southern Afghanistan, he said. to the EFE agency the spokesman for the regional governor, Gul Islam Seyal.
The new balance increases to 91 the death toll from Tuesday to Thursday attacks in Afghanistan, as well as nine farm workers mistakenly killed by drone fire.
Violence is growing less than ten days before the presidential election, scheduled for the 28th, and had already been predicted by several observers, especially because the Taliban warned that they would try to suspend the poll, which they consider to be illegitimate.
The first strike in the last three days, which killed 26 people, took place near the place where President Ashraf Ghani, the re-election candidate, was meeting.
. (tagsToTranslate) man